Thank you for all the supportive feedback we have had with the new Homework routine this term. The students are becoming more independent by bringing their diary to school each day and recording important calendar dates. We feel the students are more connected to their learning with this new method.
Just a reminder for this fortnight cycle of homework:
- Multi-Genre project: Most students have completed the home task of completing a published piece. Ask your child how they are managing the Multi-Genre Project.
- Make the final presentation item that will display the 5 or more writing pieces for our celebration in December. This is due 28th November
- Read each night and record the book title in the Homework Diary – due 9th November
- Complete the Mathletics activities as set by the teacher – this reinforces concepts currently being taught in class. (Statistics and Probability) Due 9th Nov. Melinda’s classroom is open before school 8:30am Tuesday and Friday if you would like to complete Mathletics
- Optional: Research for the Multi-Genre topic to assist the next writing piece.
- Book Talk – This is up to the individual child and the date they have selected. We are looking for originality and inspirational Book Talks. The purpose is generate excitement about reading the book or a series. This could be a short review completed on a video. Check out this site for ideas: Kids’ Book Review
- Gr 6 Graduation – practise song and speech
- Gr 5 Leadership – Draft for Buddy stories will be completed soon – please think about how you will illustrate the hand made books.
If your child is having difficulty managing their homework, please come and see us.